Saturday, January 21, 2012

Goals. Stinkin' New Year Resolutions.

Well. I couldn't decide whether or not to get rid of this blog since I have my new married blog.

But I decided to keep it. Because sometimes I have things that I want to write that have nothing to do with Carson or being married and I feel they fit on this blog. Yay, I have 3 blogs now! haha take that for multitasking.

Anywho.

I have some goals. It's hard, because there's SO many things I want to accomplish, and so many things I want to be better at. I need to realize that if I work towards them, I'll get there eventually. It's just the initial start that is so depressing. Blah. I have some much going on in my life already that all I want to do when I finally get home from my busy day is sit in my bed and be on my computer. It's calming to me. Me secret escape. Addiction. Luckily, my photography editing is on my computer, as is facebook and other sites like pinterest that makes me want to be better.

Pinterest.

That AWFUL, awful site. I love it. I LOVE it. But tonight it was so depressing to see all these cute things. Toned, beautiful women. Crafty home decor. Cute clothes. PUKE.

But it is also an inspiring website and that is what inspired this post.

My goals.

Oh those awful things. (Man, do I sound lazy or what? I'm not, promise. I just have my day filled with mostly un-fun things that make me want to come home and block out the world).

1. I want to get fit. Toned. Somewhat tan (not too much, don't worry). Healthy. I want to work out every day, even just for 30 minutes. I want to drink my 60 ounces of water. I want to eat more veggies (I do pretty well with fruits). I don't want to lose weight. I like my weight. I just need to transform it to be mostly muscle weight instead of. well. you know. m&m weight (peanut m&m's are my favorite thing now-a-days).

2. I want to keep a clean house. It's been so hard unpacking everything with school and work and photography in the way. It's the LAST thing I want to do, but I also don't like the clutter, so I need to unpack my house. I'm doing that tomorrow. But I also want everything put on the walls and just be FINISHED. No more "projects" that I'll get to eventually. I need it all done. It always makes me feel better in a clean home.

3. I want to attend the temple more. I wanted to go every week. I don't think I can do a 2 hour session every week, but they have other things you can do there too that don't take as much time. So maybe a 2 hour session 1-2 times a month and the other weeks do something smaller. But still do SOMETHING. Something. I think I would be a happier person if I did that.

4. I want to be involved with my new ward. It's been a while since I've been. Involved totally. In my college wards, they were fun, but I didn't give it my 100%. I need to with this young married couple ward. I'm excited for it.

I'm thinking that all I can handle is 4 goals right now haha. I seem to have chosen time consuming ones, but I'm going to get there. One step at a time. I'm a but impatient now-a-days, so it'll be a challenge, but I can do it.

As for married life. It's great! Except for all the parts that aren't fun. Like more bills and suddenly feeling like you have NO money. It's silly. We were so rich when we were single! Now that we have combined, it's like, freak, where did all the money go to? Survival mode I tell you. But it's good and it's good for us. I know we can make it through anything.

Oh yeah, and I want to get super great at photography. That's always a goal that I'm working on. I just have to actually START the other goals now. Blah. Wish me luck.

For those that don't know, my married blog is right here --> Mr. & Mrs. Stilson

2 comments:

  1. You will LOVE our ward, we're way cooler than old people and have way cuter babies to look at! Oh, and basically everyone is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals. You're great!

    ReplyDelete