Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Inspiration and Housekeeping

Hello :)

Fancy meeting you here...

I have an urge to write. Mainly because my awesome friend TJ has started a blog. And can I just say that he's fantastic? I love his writing. Every post. Now, usually it takes a lot to impress me in certain areas. Those areas include photography mostly, someone's passion for something they love, guys, music, and writing. Call me a snob, but I just have seen some pretty great stuff and met/read about some amazing people. Anything that falls short just doesn't give me the "ah" factor.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that when I'm impressed with something (or someone), it makes me want to be that much better in myself. Inspiration. It also kind of depresses me... when I'm impressed. It makes me feel like I'm so behind in life or not good enough for my own expectations. Whatever it is, it's difficult to get that reaction from me.

Anywho, back to TJ. He made a post tonight about a recent break-up with a girl. The thing I like about it, is the fact that it's all raw material. Sure he might have not given every single detail, but gave enough that it was a real subject and not just blabbing about celebrity gossip or what they ate for lunch that day. Feelings. True stuff. Something that most, if not all can relate to in some way. I myself haven't been always interested in the right guys and I felt my heart go out to him because I know how it feels.

It also goes to show that regardless of who you are, every one of us has trials. Everyone of us gets hurt from time to time. But not everyone picks themselves back up again like TJ did.

Basically what I'm saying is that he's great. And his blog is great. So if you're wanting a good read from time to time, you should check him out here ---> TJ's Blog

On to some housekeeping now....

Carson and I found a home! Tomorrow we sign a contract with the seller. Then we'll meet sometime with our lender and hopefully get this ball rolling! From the moment I walked in that house, I knew it was "ours." It has a feeling of home to it.. I can't describe it. I felt good there. For a brief time we thought we wouldn't get it and kind of gave up hope on it... but it came through with good news and we're moving forward. We hope to close before the wedding and start setting up everything so when we get back from our honeymoon, it'll be there waiting for us. Truly a blessing and I'm so excited! Every night I'd pray "If it be thy will, please bless us that we can get that home. Please. Because I want it really, really bad. And it's cute. And I feel like it's our home. No pressure, but I'd be really happy." haha. Ok, so maybe not in those exact words, but pretty close. I know that God gets my sense of humor. :)

My bridal pictures are on the 8th of November.. that's getting so close! I am kind of freakin out... I haven't come up with a location yet and I want them to be just perfect. I have no doubt in the photographer... just doubt in myself that I'll pull off the vision I have in my mind. Bla. I hope it goes well.

School is still pretty lame, but ya know, halfway there. Good news: I got above the class average on my Economics Midterm.

The free photo shoots went amazing! I produced some of my absolute favorites this weekend! I really enjoyed the 2 days of shooting.. It really pushed my limits of creativity and ability to shoot in any kind of situation. Normally photographers don't shoot in harsh sunlight, but I had no choice to this past weekend. All I have to say is that I may love mid-day shoots. Now that I know how to kind of handle them, I'm more comfortable all around with my photography skills. Here's an example of harsh lighting that I morphed into an amazing photograph, and possibly my favorite ever..


Anywho... wedding planning is coming along, but now we're in crunch mode. 59 days left... gotta get going on the rest of the things I have to do. Not to mention big projects in school and finals. I can't wait until this year is over. 2012 will hopefully be a fresh start and less stress :)

That is all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment