Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 11

Day 11

My.

Today was rough getting up. I have a cold and they suck! It's been a long time since I've had one and this one is just hanging on for dear life.

I found out I got a 56% on my accounting test. I. AM. SUPER. AWESOME

I also got 100% on my accounting quiz. Go figure... me getting a better score on something that doesn't have as much weight in the class.

Yep, I'm awesome.

Sooooooo.

I also found out that a fellow photographer in town deleted one of my clients(and friend) as a friend on facebook because she wasn't "loyal" to her photography business and chose mine.

1. We are not in the 5th grade
2. ..... We are NOT in the 5th grade!

It just makes me sad... St. George.. is... a scary place to be a photographer. It's scary.

But for real, that right there is lacking in maturity enough to go out of your way to delete that person because she decided to go with a different photographer. That is ridiculous! There have been many who decided to go with someone different than me, and yeah it kind of stings at first, but I rather have clients who love me than clients who are only going with me because they feel obligated. You know? And even my friends, I tell them, hey, it won't hurt my feelings if you go with someone else as your photographer. I understand completely that there are many different styles and you might not like mine as much as you like someone elses. Whatever tickles your fancy, go with it! Photos are a big deal and I would rather you go to someone else and be happy with them then use mine and regret not getting someone else. I've even had past clients go to other people! It happens! It doesn't mean I'm a bad photographer (well, fingers crossed haha), it just means that they have a different style in mind (or heaven forbid, their cousin has a nice point and shoot). Regardless the reason, I understand and would never "unfriend" someone over it.


Heck, I did that myself with choosing a photographer for my wedding. I had like 4 different photographers in mind, and of course couldn't have them all. They all were aware I was looking for a photographer, but none of them were pushy or rude about it when I went with the other person. Which was both professional and nice. They get it too. It doesn't mean they're bad photographers. HEAVENS NO! They all are amazing and talented in different areas and I'm a big fan of all their work. But I had to make a decision. Everyone does. And with this certain photographers business, it's not like she's hurting in any way with the amount of clients she has... take a chill pill.




Who did I see today? - Carson, Mom, Carl, Kent, Maggie, Millie
 

What am I grateful for today? - for my creativity



What am I glad I did today?- took dayquil, nyquil
 

What do I wish I had done today? -gone to bed earlier







1 comment:

  1. friend im sorry, this is why i seriously stopped doing photography in this town! some photographers act like they are back in middle school and talk about everyone and criticize each others work its not cool if you ask me. love you keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete