Friday, September 9, 2011

Disneyland and Engagement :)

As most of you know from the lovely social networking site Facebook, I'm engaged! Instead of telling the story a million times, I'll write it all here! Pictures included -- no charge! ;)

Anywho.

So...

Ok. Carson and his family have been planning this Disneyland trip for a long while now and they invited me to come. I was really excited because I hadn't been to Disneyland in 11 years.

It was the 2nd day of Disneyland and we decided to go to Ihop for breakfast before we went to the park with the rest of his family. I wasn't ready for the day yet, but Carson said it would be ok to go in my pjs and we'd get ready after before we went to the park (yeah.. super sexy walking in with bed-head and huge pj pants and an old Dixie High powderpuff t-shirt). He didn't seem to mind.

We then got ready back at the hotel and walked to Disneyland. When we got there, his family mentioned they wanted a pic of all of us together in front of the castle. I got my camera ready but none of them really moved to the spot we were going to take the picture. Carson saw my impatience and said "hey, let's have Brandon (his brother) take a picture of just us and then we'll do a family photo when they're all ready." I agreed and handed my camera to Brandon. He snapped a couple photos and I broke away from Carson to go and get my camera back. Carson stopped me and told Brandon to take a few more.


--- Now, if you know Carson, you'll know he's not a huge fan of taking a million pictures. So I found it kind of odd for him to ask for a couple more, especially when I knew we were both smiling good and there was no need for a third or fourth picture. But I went along with it and smiled again. He put his arm around me and Brandon took a couple more. Carson didn't let go and just kept smiling at the camera like a ding dong and said, "Hey, I should just propose to you right here huh?" The way he said it made me think it was a joke and I laughed it off with a "yeah right." Upon hearing my response kind of made him nervous and he asked, "what.. you wouldn't like that?" And again, I thought he was joking.. so.. I didn't even know how to respond to that. Uh yeah I'd like to be proposed to, duh! Yeah in front of the castle would be awesome, duh! But I didn't say this.. I just kind of squinted my eyes -- the way I do when I'm confused. I turned my head away and out of the corner of my eye I saw him kneeling down (a few gasps in the crowd, some excited cheers). I looked back at his family with a "is this a joke?" kind of way. They all looked back at me with excited faces, so I turned back to him. There he was, kneeling in front of me on one knee, holding a little black box with a diamond ring inside.


Honestly.. I can't remember everything he said. It was such a blur. The first thing he said was "Jostlyn, I love you." I already knew my answer. I kept nodding my head, tears coming down. I was so surprised.

-- I don't ever get surprised. Ever. I thought it was impossible.

Usually I'm always one step in front of the person trying to surprise me, so... I think that was the reason why I don't remember the details of his words (usually I'm really good about that.. I can tell you some of our conversations from 3 years ago).  It didn't really matter, he said he loved me and that was all I needed. He then asked me to marry him and of course I said yes. He put the ring on my finger and got up and hugged me and wiped my tears (I'm such a crier.. all the time haha).


Someone from the crowd yelled for us to kiss and I suddenly became aware of everyone watching. Cheers and whistles from the crowd, people clapping. This was all too overwhelming! haha. But it was so amazing. He kissed me and hugged me again.


Then out of no where a bunch of Disneyland workers came up and starting handing us free stuff! We got some awesome buttons at first. Then this girl came up and started writing out a certificate for us to go get free bride and groom mickey ears. We asked her if this happened a lot and she replied no, not really, but that she herself was proposed to at the castle, so she wanted to give us something to make it extra special. We decided to engrave the back of the hats with the date of the proposal :)




It was a magical day! It couldn't be more perfect. I love you Carson :) Here's a pic of the ring... I haven't had time to take a better pic yet.. I will post that soon!


 And here's the rest of the pics from our vacation :)




























2 comments:

  1. Oh Jostlyn! This is the sweetest post and what a fun engagement! I'm even crying! You got me crying for joy for you! Awww I love you!

    ReplyDelete